Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Now for the really hard part: what will I wear?

I admit it - I so wanted some hip surf clothes.

But, despite my best efforts, here is what I ordered - just about the most boring surf clothes you could find. The more I look at these shorts, the more I see Florida retirees on a golf course. And yes, the two pieces don't even go together that well.  But trust me, in the youthful world of surf clothes, it was the best I could do.




The average age of a female surfer must be around 15 because the fun board shorts and cool patterned rash guards are mostly in sizes 4, 6 and 8. Most of the shorts are very, very short, hip hugging, tight and teenagery.  For those of us needing double digit sizes and some coverage, it's slim pickings.




I've already struck out with size "L," (sweet and very supportive Mother's Day gifts from my family that I could barely squeeze into). I was relieved to even find these shorts and this top in XL.

It's probably for the best that this is all I could find. It's age appropriate, that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. That's you modeling the surf shirt, right? I'm glad you didn't order it the other available color, seal brown. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, that is not me modeling the shirt. O'Neill wisely does not offer the shirt in seal brown.

      Delete